Last week Brock and I were asked to give talks in sacrament meeting about bearing testimonies through the way we live our lives. We just barely gave talks in our last ward, but since we are new to this ward they cornered us and asked us to speak, well they cornered Brock and asked him and he said yes for the two of us. Thanks Love :) He wasn't going to tell me about it until Friday since this past week has been crazy since it is the last week of Spring Semester. I had two papers and a final and this up coming week I have two more finals, but one of the members of the bishopric came over to formally invite us to speak so he couldn't hide it from me. Aunt Kari, knowing I had a limited amount of time helped me so much with it. How grateful I am for all her help!!! Brock however, saved to write the second half of his this morning. I don't know how he did it, I would be freaking out if I were him! Well anyways I think our talks went well, its over with and that is all that matters.
Then when I thought I was finally stress free for the afternoon, Brock has a grand idea to invite our friends over for dinner which he invited during Sunday School. I hadn't even thought of what I was going to make for dinner. Well I threw something together in the crock-pot (which we got four for our wedding if anyone needs one... we don't know where they came from). Then I had to think about dessert. Brock bought a huge thing of strawberries from Costco and there is no way we would be able to eat all of them before we leave to Arizona on Saturday so I had to find something that I could use all those strawberries in. I found a recipe for Strawberry Meringue Pie which was A LOT more work than I thought it was going to be. You are suppose to have refrigerated uncooked pie crust, but of course I don't just keep that on hand so I had to make my pie crust from scratch, then refrigerate it for an hour then bake it. Then I started to make the meringue and found that you needed lemon curd. Now why would I just have that in my fridge? So of course I had to make that from scratch as well. Lets just say a few hours later, a huge mess in the kitchen, flour on my Sunday dress, and no space to put anything else on the counter I finished... It actually tasted good even though it kind of collapsed. Here is a picture of our eaten Strawberry Meringue Pie. Really Yummy!
Recipe: http://www.bhg.com/recipe/pies/strawberry-meringue-pie/
That's ambitious! I would have just given everyone a popsicle for dessert. Youre so domestic, Ky! Can't wait to see you guys THIS WEEKEND!! Yay!
ReplyDelete